From time to time, an entrepreneur comes along who shakes things up. Melanie Garthwaite, founder of Chelsea Clinic and Spa in Chelsea, Wynberg, is a case in point: Melanie’s been discreetly looking after the complexions of well-heeled men and women for over 30 years. They come from all over the Cape and are quickly enveloped into the comforting, sumptuous surrounds of the clinic where her highly-trained team take care of every concern imaginable. Emerging an hour or two later, clients wear the Chelsea trademark smile of satisfaction.
I was lucky enough to experience the Chelsea Spa’s caring, practical approach to skincare, first hand. Not only was the experience relaxing and everything I needed, it was also educational and super informative. One of my favourite things about their practitioners is that they give you tailored made advice for your skin, and it’s worth every penny!
Chelsea has a distinguished and unblemished history in the fields of skin and body-care research. Melanie has applied this to every facet of the aesthetics industry and clients are confident that the most modern methods and products are used. So when a client books a treatment, they’ll leave with a ream of new information about their skin, they’ll have new priorities and importantly, new results.
The spa is teeming with inspiration but they make it looks effortless. Hushed, whispered tones, a gentle touch, soft music, heated beds, top of the range salon products, they don’t compromise on quality. And to add to a comprehensive selection of treatments, Chelsea has just introduced three innovative new products, responding to clients’ needs. Equipped with over 20 machines, using top-quality laser, high frequency and galvanic technology, to treat everything from skin pigmentation, scar and tattoo removal to sublimating excess skin, fighting cellulite or to correct panda eyes.
I opted for the 90 minute customised Luxury Facial which offered the following:
1) Skin analysis. The therapist will look and touch your skin before and/or during the facial and ask some questions about your skin history to help us customise the facial for you.
2) Cleansing of the skin (appropriate cleanser/s). May include steam (which is divine and makes your skin feel amazing)
3) Customised exfoliation.
4) Extractions if needed/wanted. (removal of black heads) Usually followed by using the HF machine or a post extraction solution to kill bacteria.
5) Customised serum and masque
6) Shoulder and facial massage (this was a treat!)
7) What makes a luxury facial different to a Chelsea basic facial is that it will include any facial waxing and tinting desired at no extra cost and is 30 minutes longer.
The spa offers everything from painting your nails, to laser treatments. It’s definitely a one stop shop for all your beauty needs!
See their price list here: https://www.chelseaspa.co.za/pricelist/
Follow them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaClinic/