February is National Fresh Breath Month and rather than getting in a twist about smelly breath before a big date, you treat your tongue to a fresh breath fix this February with Sunstar GUM. When it comes to bad breath, experts agree that the tongue can often be the culprit.
“We recommend tongue cleaning as part of a regular oral care routine,” says Stella Lamprecht, President of the Oral Hygienists’ Association of South Africa. “The surface of the tongue has tiny grooves where bacteria and plaque can accumulate. Removing the bacteria and debris on the tongue is one of the simplest ways to ensure fresh breath and a healthy mouth. Cleaning the tongue at night can help prevent ‘morning’ breath.”
Tools you can use for a healthy mouth, fresher breath and a naturally brighter smile:
- Sunstar GUM Tongue Cleaner (recommended retail price R56) – effectively helps remove plaque and food debris from the surface of the tongue. The two sides provide a dual action – bristles to gently brush and a serrated edge to wipe the surface clean.
- Sunstar GUM Technique+ toothbrush (R62) – designed to provide advanced cleaning, even below the gumline. The non-slip quad grips are positioned so that the bristles are effortlessly placed at the 45 degree angle recommended for optimal below-the-gumline cleaning. The Dome Trim® bristles are clinically proven to clean below the gumline reducing plaque, gingival inflammation and bleeding. The extended SuperTip eliminates plaque from hard to reach places.
- GUM Original White toothpaste (R57) – helps remove stains and prevent their reappearance without damaging enamel. It contains fluoride to reinforce tooth enamel, as well as vitamins for healthier gums. It contains low-abrasive micro-silica to gently remove surface stains and a unique StainClear agent to help dissolve stains in hard-to-reach areas.
- GUM Original White floss (R56) – made with micronized silica to help remove stains between teeth and provides effective interdental plaque control.
- GUM Original White mouth rinse (R92) – alcohol-free Sunstar GUM Original White Rinse contains StainClear to help remove stains from in-between the teeth and the tiny crevices in tooth enamel. Made with a patented combination of fluoride, Isomalt and vitamins, Original White Rinse delivers advanced mineralisation for stronger and shinier teeth, helping prevent further staining while strengthening gums and teeth.
These are also available at selected Dis-Chem, Clicks, pharmacies, dentists and retailers.
For expert oral care advice speak to your dental professional or visit www.ivohealth.co.za.