For the first time in South Africa you are able to discover the Power of Poison. A few weeks ago I attended the exhibition and it’s got everything from poisons place in nature to the role it has played in shaping human history, healthcare and literature.
The Power of Poison exhibition is presented by industry leader ExpoRSA, whose previous exhibitions include The Art of the Brick, Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition and Dino’s Alive.
Do you know the antidote for spiders, scorpions, poisonous plants and even Snow White’s apple? The exhibition reveals it all! Visitors can also take part in a live presentation about a real-world poisoning case and key advances in toxicology, or the science to detecting poison.
- A fascinating historical tour of poison’s place in history
- Over 200 exhibits
- A recreation of Snow White’s Apple
- Poisonous animals, plants and more!
The Power of Poison exhibition will take place at:
– Cape Town, V&A Waterfront, 1 April 2016 to 12 June 2016, 10 am to 7pm
– Gauteng, Silverstar, 24 June 2016 to 12 August 2016, 10 am to 7pm
– Durban, Gateway Theatre of Shopping – Umhlanga, 9 September 2016 to January 2017, 10am to 7pm
Tickets are available from www.webtickets.co.za or at the on-site box office. Prices range from R140 (adults), R85 (children), R95 (pensioners and students) or R350 for a family for four (two adults and two children). Children under the age of five enter for free. Special school packages are also available in all cities.
All award-winning curriculums can be found on ExpoRSA’s website and are free to download.